In 2021 my dissertation Poëzie buiten het boek. De circulatie en het gebruik van poëzie (Poetry off the page. The circulation and use of poetry) was published. In my dissertation, I included an English summary, which starts on page 537 of the book. My dissertation can be downloaded for free here (PDF).
I wrote my dissertation at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. Prof.dr. Geert Buelens (Utrecht University) was my supervisor and dr. Laurens Ham (Utrecht University) and dr. Yves T’Sjoen (Ghent University) were my co-supervisors. My research focuses on the ways people use poetry in their everyday lives. May six case studies are Instagram poetry, street poetry, poetry tattoos, poetry on the radio, poetry in obituaries and poetry on utensils, such as coffee mugs, aprons and pillow cases.
For information about the English version of my street poetry walking route and street poetry cycling route in the free smartphone app VERS, please click here.
Here is an overview of my articles and videos in English:
- “Poetry in everyday life”, an interview by Mariette Huisjes (translated into English by Christy de Back) for NWO (The Dutch Research Council), 2 December 2021. Click here.
- “Street Poetry”, recording (40 minutes) of a lecture in November 2020. Click here.
- “Poetry Off the Page in the Netherlands and Flanders”, Versopolis, 23 October 2020. Click here.
- “How Viral Poems are Annotated. On ‘OCD’ by Neil Hilborn”, Performance Research 20.6 (2015), p. 58-64.
Click here to read the article online via your university or e-mail me for a free link to the article online.
- “Notes on Poetry, Poetry on Bank Notes: A Guest Posting by P&PC’s Netherlands Correspondent, Kila van der Starre”, Poetry and Popular Culture, 25 March 2015.
Click here to read the blog post online.
Click here to read my PhD research proposal in English.
Click here to visit my page on Academia.edu.
To contact me, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.